Last days in South Africa
Handbook (QM): On Wednesday, Robert and I had a meeting with the staff of quality management, Olga Evangelou and Chris Steyn. To handbook we have agreed as follows - Olga and Chris check the current status of the manual, whether it corresponds in all units of the Level 6.
Discussions with the Deans and professors: Robert and I had been talking to VoB with three Deans and professors:
- Management Sciences: Prof. Roy Dhurup
- Engineering: Prof. Maurice Negele
- Applied & Computer Sciences: Prof. Raymond Mabuza
In these discussions we have probed the circumstances under which the faculties can give their students credit for attending VoB elements. In Management Sciences and Applied & Computer Sciences, there are good interfaces for VoB. In engineering our chances are not bad. Our course system is there taken up gratefully as preparation.
- WIL: A conversation with Annie Moletsane shows the interest of VUT to include WIL into the VoB project
- Ideacamp – Test: On Friday Robert and I have started a test idea Camp with 10 international students (from other African countries). I have given the methodical implementation. The students have worked very well. On Thursday we will meet again with them. Then, the students will present their results.
Unfortunateley I have to leave soon. It was a great time and I'm looking forward to my time in Namibia.
Dr. Hartmut Domröse